Thursday, March 31, 2011

Foot: Cleveland International Film Festival Experience

I really enjoyed going to the Cleveland International Film Festival, I had never been to a film festival before Monday night. It was a great experience, I would gladly do it again, maybe take a girl to the film fest a on a date to get her to think I am artistic. I loved that it was in Tower City, as a child my dad brought me to Tower City before Indian's, Cav's, and Brown's games, when I went into the office with dad we would always go through Tower City, when I use to cut class in high school I would take the rapid transit down to Tower City, I got a lot of memories there. So right after I parked and got onto the elevator and saw Tower City again I was overcome with sensory memories from my past, the sights of how enormous the inside of the building was, the smell of the different foods, the sound of chatter, footsteps, and the water running of the fountains, unfortunately I didn't get to taste any of the food. I was pumped to see my movie, I felt like a high rolling adult, coming down to Cleveland, going to Tower City, and taking part in a artistic endeavour. I got my ticket from the will-call stand, the elderly man who gave me my ticket sang me an old Broadway tune about someone named Sam, he kept singing "Sam, you made the pants to long", does anybody know this song? Then I walked around Tower City for about 20 minutes taking in the scenery, until it was time to line up, I got a decent seat, and before the movie began, a Canadian diplomat talked to the crowd about how important Ohio and Canada are to each other because of how much we trade. The movie I went to see, "Whirligig", is a Canadian film.

No comments:

Post a Comment